Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:44:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It's snowing in April

Started by Phil_A, April 05, 2021, 09:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_A

Just looked out of the window and yes, it is in fact April and it's snowing.

Climate change really is the gift that keeps on giving, isn't it.

Yes, woke up to a slight dusting on cars, melting already in the sun. More serious stuff further north in Scotland with snow showers piling in on a strong northerly wind.

Nothing particularly unusual for early April though. The sea temperature won't have recovered too much from the low that it reaches in late winter, so when there's a northerly outbreak like this, the air from the north won't be warmed as much as it would be in, say, November, when the sea is still relatively warm from summer/autumn.

A few decades ago, the same weather pattern would have produced something more potent, as cold pooling in the Arctic isn't what it once was, sadly. Same goes for the 'beast from the east' back in 2018 etc.

garbed_attic

Poor chicks and ducklings etc. frozen to death while newspapers cheerily pipe up about the joys of snow in April with photos of beaming youngsters with out-of-season snowmen.

Well... I say out of season... as though seasons really even existed anymore.

Malcy

I remember waking up to snow in July years ago and wondering how long I had been asleep. Only lasted a day but was odd.

GMTV

I'm further up north and it was taps AFF on Saturday afternoon in the garden, and about 2 inches of snow falling Sunday night.

Butchers Blind

gib

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 05, 2021, 10:50:00 AM
No snow in Kent.

We're having some flurries north of the Thames but it's not settling.

dannyfc

SO MUCH FOR "GLOBAL WARMING" CHECKMATE LIBTARDS

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Phil_A on April 05, 2021, 09:51:21 AM
Just looked out of the window and yes, it is in fact April and it's snowing.

Climate change really is the gift that keeps on giving, isn't it.

??

It usually snows in April at some point or other. I remember it snowing in May a couple of times too when I was at primary school.

El Unicornio, mang

It snowed on my birthday when I was born, April 7 1978. There's been snow during summer months too, over the years.

Butchers Blind

Captain Z

Sometimes the snow comes down in June
Sometimes the sun goes round the moon

Captain Z

Hang on, what? No it doesn't, Vanessa.

mothman

All I can say is, if you ever contemplate starting a loft conversion start in February, don't.[nb]Granted having to have all the roof tiles replaced was unexpected, and has prolonged matters.[/nb] The last cold snap was bad enough, right now we're still not watertight or insulated and the stairwell is a fucking icebox.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Captain Z on April 05, 2021, 12:19:07 PM
Sometimes the snow comes down in June
Sometimes the sun goes round the moon

It's what marketing people call a 'yes ladder'.

Fr.Bigley

Prince told us. None of us Listened. We deserve this.