Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:47:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and Horses

Started by Leej88, June 08, 2021, 05:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Video Game Fan 2000

The infamous blood spray effect at the end of A Royal Flush (1986) was in fact an accident, as during production the hose in Nicholas Lyndhurst's costume got a kink in it, so when Del Boy struck him with Trigger's broom, it caused a torrent of realistic viscera to flood over the set and Lyndhurst had to fight to keep himself on his feet. But due to the astonishment the scene got from the cast John Sullivan decided to keep it and it has been a iconic and influential scene in mockney cinema ever since.

The Green Green Grass: Only the show Only Fools & Horses could have been.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The quick glimpse you get of Cassandra's miscarriage was a chopped up pig's heart they got from a local butcher.

JamesTC

Rodney and Del you plonkers you have gone to funeral looking like superheroes!

Video Game Fan 2000

Did you know that John Sullivan wrote the Eminen song "Rap God"? It was written for Tony Angelino who apparently did it amazingly in character but they had to scrap it when David Jason inexplicably decided to play all his scenes on a moped.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 08, 2021, 07:41:03 PM
The quick glimpse you get of Cassandra's miscarriage was a chopped up pig's heart they got from a local butcher.

Didn't like the part when the miscarried child knocks off Rodney's head and they make pencils out of it. Didn't fit the tone of a Christmas special about miscarriages at all.

What's my favourite episode, you ask?

I think I'd have to say, The Story of Only Fools & Horses.

Video Game Fan 2000

Its the episode where they divide the flat in half down the middle and Rodney's side doesn't have a toilet.

It's like mum always said on her death bed : Del Boy, she'd say, Rodney can hold a pee for a month.

JamesTC

Still love this testimonial on Only Fools and Hearses:
Quote"The funny thing is we don't even know if Ethel was a fan of Only Fools and Horses."

Video Game Fan 2000

Luvly Jubbly written on it just in case you don't know.

"Oh that Only Fools and Horses: like off the telly! I've changed my mind, my husband would have loved this burial"

BJBMK2

Quote from: JamesTC on June 08, 2021, 07:41:18 PM
Rodney and Del you plonkers you have gone to funeral looking like superheroes!

#ReleaseTheSullivanCut

Video Game Fan 2000

Is there any way I can become Pope I'd love to be Pope request that in a way they can't legally get out of.

Gentle baroque version of the Only Fools and Horses theme playing in St Peters where catholics come to mourn the pope, who lays in state dressed as Del Boy.

sutin

A bunch of rodney plonkers the lot of you.

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 08, 2021, 07:43:36 PM
What's my favourite episode, you ask?

I think I'd have to say, The Story of Only Fools & Horses.

Idiot, The Story of Only Fools & Horses isn't a real Only Fools documentary, It's a programme featuring John Story, the original choice to play Uncle Grandad. The joke doesn't work.

JamesTC

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on June 08, 2021, 07:58:33 PM
Is there any way I can become Pope I'd love to be Pope request that in a way they can't legally get out of.

Gentle baroque version of the Only Fools and Horses theme playing in St Peters where catholics come to mourn the pope, who lays in state dressed as Del Boy.

"And now a reading from the Holy Bible"

Video Game Fan 2000

When they first broadcast Only Fools and Horses a lot of people were fooled by its realistic presentation into thinking Lennard Pearce was real and the switch boards were flooded with angry parents of traumatised children. The next day the Sun ran a story saying a 13 year old in Hull had leaped to his death from the top of the book case because he thought he saw Lennard Pearce eating a cheeseburger in his dad's armchair. The death was sadly real but the connection between it and Only Fools and Horse was never proven. Other stories about people burning their setees and smashing mirrors are exaggerated, media historians think.

But whatever the truth, now they can only show those episodes with the disclaimer that Lennard Pearce is a work of fiction.

Thosworth

'atta straw' is a type of grass grown in Lombok and made into cheap bags

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 08, 2021, 08:04:08 PM
Idiot, The Story of Only Fools & Horses isn't a real Only Fools documentary, It's a programme featuring John Story, the original choice to play Uncle Grandad. The joke doesn't work.

Or perhaps the joke works on multiple levels; Babkins is such a Luddite that he picks a "best of" documentary, rather than a real episode, and the one he picks isn't even a documentary about Only Fools & Horses either.

Leej88

What if I have got the aids?

Video Game Fan 2000

Now Rodders, that story about your mum on her death bed isn't true.
But what it tells us about how much you're being a ruddy plonker is.

Leej88

Mum must have been on her deathbed for months to say all that.

Video Game Fan 2000

Her death bed had Luvly Jubbly written on it.

Video Game Fan 2000

Don't tell him your name, Dave.

Leej88

All the boys remember Marlene

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Leej88 on June 08, 2021, 08:35:04 PM
All the boys remember Marlene

I preferred her on " End Of Part One ", showed off her range there, from ditsy  " Dr. Who " assistant to Clive Jenkins, with a passable  Esther Rantzen en route.

Captain Z

They're all dead, Rodney. Everybody's dead, Rodney.

idunnosomename

I declare this thread to be the wittiest jape of the season!

Video Game Fan 2000

Last month the notorious war, World War II, was blasted into space to spend the rest of its duration alone in a prison ship. But unfortunately a small old man with a big bushy beard was trapped alone with the conflict. A spokesman for NASA said : this is the one thing we didn't want to happen.