Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,403
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:25:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Applying for a bloody job!

Started by Theremin, July 30, 2021, 10:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Twit 2 on September 13, 2021, 08:02:15 PMI hate writing in the kind of application jargon that seems impossible to avoid, as the person spec is invariably riddled with it. I wish "Just give me the job, I can do it, trust me" was enough.

Just make up your own jargon like I do

• Boom management
  • Galactic intelligence
  • Whipsmarting
You'll stand out from the other CVs and they'll think you're way ahead of the tronge.

Cerys

Quote from: Theremin on September 13, 2021, 07:25:13 PM
Finally got a bloody job, lads!

Artsy theatre stuff at a big nice institution in Amsterdam.

Big thanks to all for the advice and stories!

Woohoo!  Many congratulatiothingies!

Cerys

Quote from: Twit 2 on September 13, 2021, 08:02:15 PM
I'm applying for jobs at the mo, and wording the personal statement bit against the person spec is fucking soulless. I hate selling myself and I hate writing in the kind of application jargon that seems impossible to avoid, as the person spec is invariably riddled with it. I wish "Just give me the job, I can do it, trust me" was enough.

Oddly enough, back in the 90s I used that technique when applying for a job as a PA.  I acknowledged in the application letter that it was unorthodox, but that my confidence that I could do the job was well-founded.  And the result? 
Spoiler alert
Cunts never even bothered contacting me
[close]
!

Cerys

Being laid off next Wednesday.  Phooey.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Cerys on October 06, 2021, 10:00:24 PM

This is upsetting news. I hope you find the market in your sector buoyant. On the other hand, have you considered lorry driving?

Cerys

Find me a buoyant lorry and we'll talk.

Vinnie01

I got laid off last year from a catering job, this type of job I did too long and resulted in decline with the mental health, after learning about doing jobs that don't make you happy will result in Chronic stress and mental health decline (Currently addressing this with the CPN).

bgmnts

Quote from: Cerys on October 06, 2021, 10:00:24 PM
Early retirement now. The golden years.