Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:49:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Government reshuffle

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 15, 2021, 02:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: Jasha on September 15, 2021, 05:01:53 PM
Something about Gavin Williamson that's even more detestable than the average tory

You say that, but then you think about it and realise you're kidding yourself because the reality is too scary.

robhug

they've just said on sky news that Truss has been promoted in recognition of the tremendous work she's done negotiating trade deals

Fambo Number Mive

Is Nadhim "Stables" Zahawi still the vaccines minister now he is educations secretary?

Hobo

Bye bye channel 4. GB news compulsory in school assemblies.

https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/945973216778031110?s=19

idunnosomename

Dorries profile pic looks like shes turned on front-facing camera by mistake

GoblinAhFuckScary

oh nooo it's the patel/rowling smirk

jobotic

She's going to make such a fucking idiot of herself, gaffe after gaffe, and yet always be on the winning team

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteA joke by Boris Johnson that the UK could become 'the Saudi Arabia of penal policy' under Priti Patel has been condemned as 'disgusting' and a 'new low' by opposition politicians. The prime minister made the remarks during a speech behind closed doors at a Conservative party fundraiser event on 10 September. Saudi Arabia is one of the most punitive regimes in the world

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2021/sep/15/boris-johnson-jokes-about-uk-becoming-saudi-arabia-penal-policy-video

This utter prick. And of course most of the media are ignoring this while focusing on the reshuffle as their top story. Although I have also started a thread about the reshuffle so erm...

Buelligan

If it means we get to topple him into an oubliette, I think I could stretch my tolerance, just this once.

The Dog

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 15, 2021, 06:45:44 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2021/sep/15/boris-johnson-jokes-about-uk-becoming-saudi-arabia-penal-policy-video

This utter prick. And of course most of the media are ignoring this while focusing on the reshuffle as their top story. Although I have also started a thread about the reshuffle so erm...

Doesn't make any sense there's already a Saudi Arabia of penal policy its like saying we want to be the McDonalds of burgers.

Butchers Blind

the science eel

Quote from: Butchers Blind on September 15, 2021, 07:01:16 PM
Liz Truss is a fucking idiot

alongside Nadine Dorries she looks like a genius

mothman

Liz fucking Truss. Jesus wept. She's renowned for being so dumb she's barely sentient.

jobotic

Indeed. The science eel is right though.

bgmnts

Unlesss they are all slowly shuffed away into a meat grinder who gives a shit obviously.

imitationleather

imitationleather

Lisa Nandy is the only MP who makes Liz Truss look like an intellectual.

chveik

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 15, 2021, 06:11:53 PM
Dorries profile pic looks like shes turned on front-facing camera by mistake

I just wish she'd hurry up with recording the next Hole album.

Norton Canes

Nobody sums the whole sad farrago up better than the inimitable David Stubbs:

"Nadine fucking Dorries.

All those years, from That Was The Week That Was through to Spitting Image and beyond of having satire inflicted on them, those impotent but irksome and humiliating darts, this is their time to turn the tables. This is government appointment making as an act of satire. They know full well that this vacuous foghorn, this know-nothing embarrassing aunt with her feeble twitter rants about "wokeness" and Christmas being cancelled is as appropriate a choice for the Culture brief as is that mad anti-vax nurse, or Van Morrison for health secretary.

Johnson and his cunthorts know that. They smirked as they put her name in the frame. They are taking the piss but this is the lowest of comedy - punching down. They see no benefit to themselves or their people in culture and are willing to waive even the economic benefits it brings to hinder it. They're right, in a sense. Any form of culture, from pop to bottom, is a fundamental challenge to their despicable essence of greed, idiocy, cronyism, corruption, callous indifference to public and environmental health, elitism, money worship and manufactured sense of victimhood. Lower than vermin. Lower than scum."

Norton Canes

katzenjammer

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 15, 2021, 06:45:44 PM

Oh god, that's so horrible to listen to. The laugh of the guy nearest the camera is vomit inducing. And the thick twats all shout 'yes' when Johnson asks if the vaccine was produced by the public sector.

Cuellar

Quote from: katzenjammer on September 16, 2021, 09:45:01 AM
Oh god, that's so horrible to listen to. The laugh of the guy nearest the camera is vomit inducing. And the thick twats all shout 'yes' when Johnson asks if the vaccine was produced by the public sector.

lol they thought he was doing a patriotism ("Who produced this vaccine?" "We did!!" "Was it the Department of Health??" "Yes!!!" "No")

robhug

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 16, 2021, 08:52:50 AM

is that real?

they could easily have been the tory branded swass stickers Mark Francois was putting up during brexit

greenman

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 15, 2021, 03:59:47 PM
Liz Truss has been confirmed as the new foreign secretary.

Should be...interesting...

"Sorry I got a bit confused and dropped a bomb on our own lot"

idunnosomename

The BBC love saying about Liz Truss that she's "very popular with Conservative party members". In what way? She appeals to horny old men?

Cuellar

The BBC said she'd bring 'panache' to the Foreign Office